There are too many sources of information about the CoronaVirus, and not all are credible and trustworthy. Here’s a helpful list of 5 reliable sources related to the spread of COVID-19 to keep you informed and aware, with an emphasis on guidelines, news and latest statistics.
1. The Center for Disease Control is maintaining a “Cases in the U.S.” page for visitors to get a better idea of the epidemic. Users have the ability to view number of cases at a glance, cases by exposure type, and cases by date of onset.
2. John Hopkins University has released a visual tool to view the spread of the virus across the world. Along with an interactive map, the tool includes the number of cases by country and is regularly updated with the latest information.
3. For New York residents, the New York State Department of Health is publishing updates from the state government to this site. Included are the number of cases by county as well as a COVID-19 hotline.
4. FlowingData is a data visualization site that aggregates various graphs, tables and more related to COVID-19 information like changes in foot traffic among cities, simulations for virus spread and more.
5. Thomson Reuters has created a Coronavirus resource center with up to date news articles as well as free resources for businesses as they work through this crisis.
The Perpetual team is monitoring the situation closely and we remain committed to staying informed from reliable sources and helping our community of employees, clients, partners and neighbors stay safe.